Weekly wrap-up

Since apparently I can't be bothered to blog more than once a week any more, I thought I'd run through the various highs and lows of the past week, real quick-like.

1. Obama-mania! OK, so he didn't win California. (Really interesting take on that here.) But Superduper Tuesday did show that a lot of the country is interested in what he has to say. It's going to go down to the wire on this one, and surprisingly enough, the Dem vote in Texas might actually matter! :)

2. The Patriots didn't win! ...err, I mean, The GIANTS WON THE SUPERBOWL! I've never been a huge Giants fan -- being a Skins and all -- but my "underdog-itis" (as Dani calls it) took over, and I had to root for little Eli and his guys. Hey, it's not my fault that Brady's pass rush couldn't protect him! Go Giants! My cousin even went to the victory parade in NYC. [Apparently the Vegas odds-makers were none too pleased with the result, though.]

3. Bill Clinton wised up and decided to "chill," remembering that he was, in fact, POTUS, and needs to act accordingly, rather than like an attack dog for wifey.

4. I was in DC for 48 hours last weekend, but saw little more than my parents' house, Sushi Taro, a Superbowl party, and the National Science Foundation's 2009 Budget Rollout. Maybe next time I'll be able to breathe, and see a friend or two. Sorry, y'all! [Just goes to show, you need to get your butts down to Austin soon!]

5. Another married friend, another baby on the way. Mazel tov to Dr. and Mrs. Miller in Baltimore on their impending bundle of joy. At least I have until August to produce another caterpillar!

6. The new organic menu is going well -- now that I've survived the stomach virus that attacked me two weeks ago, which had me on a strict diet of ginger ale and saltines for five days. That little experience helped me lose 5lbs! I'm now addicted to Sun Butter and whole wheat tortillas, flaxseed waffles and real maple syrup. The slightly higher grocery bill is par for the course, but it's worth it so far!

7. Movies and Oscars and whatnot: I have seen exactly one of the Best Picture nominees. No Country for Old Men was shocking and powerful. Javier Bardem is one scary guy! I'm putting together the menu for my upcoming Oscar-Birthday Party, but it's a challenge. More on that later.

I'm sure I'll have more time and think of more fun stuff to say later. (Vegas in six days! woo hoo!) But for now, it's Friday, and that's enough cause for celebration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4