Happy (Oscars) to me!

Another year, another Oscar/Birthday party!

Le menu:
  • Bloody Marys (for There Will be Blood, and Sweeney Todd)
  • Spicy bread-dipping sauce (also TWBB, it was part of the theme menu I found online)
  • French bread (Michael Clayton)
  • Beef and bean chili (No Country)
  • Mac & cheese (Juno)
I didn't have anything for Atonement. I was going to make sticky toffee pudding, but I did that last year for The Queen. I also bought "meat pies" (well, empanadas) for Sweeney Todd, but forgot to serve them.

The party crowd was larger than last year (I know more people now!), including Rebeka, Marcia, Henry, Faith, Matthew, Paul, Atesha, Janie, Rachael and Andy. Good thing I went out and bought some extra folding chairs! (they were on sale)

Somehow, I managed to guess wisely on my Oscar ballot, and got the most correct answers! How did I beat Andy? I have no idea. He's seen everything. In fact, this is the first year in a while that I've seen more than one of the best picture nominees. I'm glad Sweeney Todd won for something (Art Direction) but that's Dante Ferretti for you - he's been nominated 9 times. We all picked Ratatouille for animated film. I have it at home from Netflix - guess I should watch it!

And yes, the day after the Oscars, I turned 35. I have to say, it doesn't feel as weird (or as old) as I thought it might. I like myself a lot more now than I did when I was 30... I like my life, my job, and my place in the world (and Austin!).

So thanks, y'all, for the birthday wishes, the awesome yellow cake with chocolate icing (sneaky!) and for celebrating another crazy year with me!

and Happy Birthday Andy (2/26)!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know we go over this annually but how is it that I'm older than you are? (or are you 35 and holding?)

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4