Happy Birthday Gigi!

After much fun and debauchery at Dani's birthday, I had another birthday party to attend the following night. Here's the story: Dani and Giselle are two of my best friends in the world, and yet I have never been able to get them in the same room! I have plenty of friends that have met both of them... but they've never met each other! It's weird. And, their birthdays are a day apart!

So, on Friday, Dani turned 36, and on Saturday, Gigi turned 40! She invited people from near and far to a soiree at her apartment. She made West Indian meat pies, spanakopita, ham and egg cups (muffin-sized), brownies, chocolate cake, cranberry chutney, apple crumble... and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh! and Grand Marnier-Pomegranate-Champagne punch. YUM! It was all SO tasty. (I think she started cooking a month ago!) We watched the Giants-Patriots game, as Gigi is herself a New Yorker, and had invited some other NYers and a few Bostonians. The perfect season, indeed.

The party was fun! Gigi loved the Clapotis shawl, and I got to catch up with a bunch of people I hadn't seen in over a year. Jane even adopted the (empty) bottle of Cristal, and carried it around as if it were her baby for the rest of the night (*after* Gigi drank the last few drops straight from the bottle!). Here we are, the party girls! (yes, I wore the same shirt to both parties... shush.)

I did the brave, big city thing, and walked to and from the party across Adams Morgan. I have to say, I felt perfectly safe walking home at midnight. That part of town has changed so much since I was a kid. They're even putting a Harris Teeter in the 'hood! (Gigi is very excited about that.)

Phew! Too many parties! I'm exhausted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4