Glitz-less Golden Globes

With the Hollywood writers on strike, the glitz and glamour of the Golden Globes (yes, I love alliteration!) last night were truncated to a one hour press conference-type deal. I understand the actors' solidarity, not wanting to cross the picket lines, but I wanted to see some hot men in tuxedos! to check out the fancy (and freakish) dresses! Sigh.

The good news is, the foreign press picked some real winners!

[selected] 65th Golden Globe Award Winners

Hollywood Foreign Press Association 2008 Golden Globe Award Winners for the year ended December 31, 2007 (click here to see the full list of awards)


BEST MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA: ATONEMENT *ooh, must see this one.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA

DANIEL DAY-LEWIS, There Will Be Blood *must see this one too!

BEST MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET *YAY!*

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

JOHNNY DEPP, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street *YAY!*

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: RATATOUILLE (*I have this at home from Netflix, maybe I should watch?) :)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

JAVIER BARDEM, No Country for Old Men *ooh, Javier es muy guapo. :)

BEST SCREENPLAY – MOTION PICTURE

ETHAN COEN & JOEL COEN, No Country for Old Men *Excellent. They rock.

BEST ORIGINAL SONG – MOTION PICTURE

“GUARANTEED” — INTO THE WILD, Music & Lyrics by: Eddie Vedder *heck, if Phil Collins can write movie music, why not Eddie V?

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

JEREMY PIVEN, Entourage *We luuuuuuuurrrvvve Piven!!! YAY!!!


Here's hoping we actually get an Oscar night, so I can have a theme-filled birthday party next month! If Sweeney Todd is nominated, should I make... blood orange tart? or should I make meat pies, and promise not to use Mrs. Lovett's recipe? ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Melyssa -- I saw Atonement...it was a huge disappointment. But, maybe you'll feel differently. It felt vacant and undeveloped to me. -- Faith

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4