one gift done...

... dozens more to go!

I finished one of long line of knitting projects that is on the list for this holiday season. It's not a Chanuka or Xmas gift, however, it's a birthday present, for Giselle's 40th! :)

Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Noro Aurora in rainbow (not sure the exact name),
5.5 skeins = 572.0 yards
Time: 6 months (on-and-off knitting, until the last week or so)
Notes: Dropping stitches on purpose was a little bit disconcerting, but it turned out beautifully, and blocking makes all the difference.

Hope she likes it!


Still to be done for Xmas:
Scarf for Rebeka -- Brown Sheep Company Burly Spun, 100% Wool, in Moonlit Night (gorgeous blue shades)
Kelly's Beachcomber sweater -- just needs sleeves sewn on! Can you say procrastination?
Booties for Rachel -- tulip toes from Knitty, in two colors of my stash of leftover Dalegarn Baby Ull yarn

Phew! I only have two weeks to go! Back to knitting!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooooh very pretty. Maybe I'll knit clapotis one day....

Heidi
Anonymous said…
It's BEAUTIOUS!
(Have we discussed how much I hate Blogger's new comment system?)

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4