Hannukkah Harriet's Horrible Holidays

Somehow this year my holiday shopping, gift giving and other to-do's got all out of whack, and I feel like I've been running behind for weeks! It didn't help matters that I got food poisoning at the office holiday party on Wednesday night (not sure what it was, but boy, it didn't like me!) and was completely out of commission on Thursday -- the very day I had intended to use as my last-minute shopping day! Argh.

Number of gifts for people at the office I had *intended* to give: 12
Number of gifts I *actually* gave: 4

Holiday cards received from friends, including adorable family photos: 5 and counting
Holiday cards sent: 0 -- unless you count the Chanukah e-card that I sent to about 20 people, three weeks ago.

Cookies baked for Supper Club holiday party? 0
(because: sticks of butter in freezer for cookies? 0)

The one area where I have managed to finish something in time for the holidays is knitting. I finished Gigi's clapotis, Rachel's booties, Kelly's sweater, and Rebeka's scarf and hat -- seen here being modeled by her daughter, the lovely Giana. :)

Ah well. There's always next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4