Wanted, Dead or Alive

Last weekend a couple of us were invited to a "Rock Band" Holiday Party. The invitation suggested that we dress up like our favorite Rock & Roller, or band groupie. Rebeka and I chose the latter. We thought it was going to be a bunch of people dressed up like Rock Stars, dancing around, maybe some karaoke.

We were wrong.

It turns out, our friends have the Rock Band videogame, for which you need two guitars (lead guitar and bass), the drum kit, and the microphone. We walked in to the sound of the neighborhood kids playing Bon Jovi (hence the blog title), which would have been great, but they played it over, and over, and over....yes, the adults were singing along, but when the time came to pick a different song, we were all in favor! So they went through The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go" (I did the Spanish backup line under my breath), Blue Oyster Cult "Don't Fear the Reaper," and Foo Fighters "Learn to Fly" -- among others. We were pleased to note that we weren't the only ones who dressed up, but we were certainly in the minority.

I got roped into singing a little bit, but Rebeka escaped unscathed. ;)

And here, for your viewing pleasure, are our "Rock Chick" outfits. We looked pretty good!

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Comments

Anonymous said…
No se que ropa me queda!
Da Paulie said…
And I walk these streets!
A loaded six-string on my back!
'cause I'm playin' for keeps!
And I might not make it back!

I've been eeeeeeverywh....

*ahem*

excuse me

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4