Are "hot wings" kosher?

As I was driving back home to pickup my laptop this morning (need... more.... coffee...) I heard a news blip on NPR that was a little bit shocking. It seems that Hooters will shortly be opening in Tel Aviv.


"I strongly believe that the Hooters concept is something that Israelis are looking for," Ofer Ahiraz, who bought the Hooters franchise for Israel, told Reuters Monday. "Hooters can suit the Israeli entertainment culture." (Reuters)

From the article, it sounds like they will be avoiding Jerusalem and very religious neighborhoods. I can just imagine the Orthodox Jews flipping out about the skimpy little waitress outfits. Oy vey.

* and the answer is yes, wings can be kosher, as long as you don't eat them with creamy dressing. But the Hooters wings won't be kosher anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4