Aloha and Mahalo


Maui is a be-yooo-tee-ful place, even when it rains. The locals kept telling us it a) hadn't rained since January, and b) "doesn't rain like this" (thunderstorms). We must have brought the weather with us. Ah well. It was worth the trip anyway. :)

I highly recommend the DK/Eyewitness Travel "Top 10" books. Of course, I love all of the Eyewitness travel books, but the little ones are easier to carry around. It gave us great information about Lahaina when we drove around there on Friday, and I used it to find the Ioa Valley State Park on Saturday afternoon, good places to eat and shop, and other interesting tidbits.

Top 10 things I did in Maui this week:
1. Ascended Haleakala on a bright Saturday morning
2. Visited Iao Valley State Park
3. Drove (well, rode) around the West Maui Mountains, through Lahaina and Kapalua
4. Ate at Mama's Fish House
5. Ate at Hali'imaile General Store (a very Austin-y restaurant with excellent pork ribs)
6. Walked 2.5 miles on S. Kihei Road every day
7. Visited the Sea Turtles (Honu) at the Maui Ocean Center
8. Saw whales frolicking in the water off the coast of Kahana (NW Maui) -- too far away to take pictures
9. Found the beach in Makena (and got my nice jeans all sandy)
10. Tried on some Aloha fashions at Hilo Hatties

Photos have been posted to Flickr. I'm going to bed to try to get my body back on Austin time.

Comments

Bryan Fratkin said…
Photos look absolutely lovely..

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4