babies abound!

Ok, so I haven't blogged in two weeks. I didn't have all that much to say!

In the meantime, the list is up to FOUR duckies to make! Congratulations to:

  • Viveka and Brian Ryn on the birth of their son Gabriel (Feb 20th, which also happens to be Auntie M's birthday! Easy to remember!)
  • Brian and Stacey Krapf, on the birth of their son William "Max" (March 17th)
  • Dan and Tracy Lader on the birth of their son Ian (April 2nd), and
  • Kevin and Amanda Book, on the birth of their daughter Claire, on April 5th.

(and thank you to all of them for choosing NORMAL names, unlike Gwyneth Paltrow who chose Moses for her newborn son... Moses? What, in honor of Passover? Please. That's worse than naming your kid after a piece of fruit or something. Oh wait... )

Clearly, my friends have been busy! (well, they were busy 9 months ago... ha ha ha) Fortunately, duckies are quick and easy to make. Maybe I should have brought the yarn and stuffing here to Richmond with me... but then again, I'm not sure my boss would be pleased if I were crocheting during the conference. Oh well.

I've started working again on the Olympic scarf again. I'd really like to get it finished one of these days. It's almost long enough to wear... maybe two or three more triangles and I'll stop. I've also continued putting together the squares for my "Friendship Stars" afghan blanket. It's 3x3 blocks (each block is nearly 3 feet wide) now, so I only have 3 more to add, and then the border, and it'll be done!

So, I'm in Richmond, at the Jefferson Hotel. It's beautiful. The art and antiques in the hallways are gorgeous. The only complaint I have so far is that there's no electrical outlet near the desk. Wireless access, excellent. Electricity? Not so much. I don't mind sitting on the bed with my computer, but it would be nice if I could leave it plugged in and sit at the desk for at least a little while. But no. Bad planning on their part. Maybe I'll call down and ask for an extension cord. :) [I used to think it was funny when people I knew travelled with extension cords - now I get it!]

Last night Betty (Boop) came to visit us at mom & dad's house. Betty is the lovely woman I stayed with on my last night in London... she was here visiting friends for a few days before heading to an Oracle conference in Vegas. We had takeout from Moby's... YUM! But of course I was so busy with Betty and the stuff that dad was unpacking from his London trip, I forgot that West Wing was on! Thank goodness for my DVR. [spoiler alert!!] The election is over, Leo McGarry died (had to happen, since John Spencer died in December), and Santos won! It was very emotional. I cried a lot. I know I'll be a basket case next Sunday when they show Leo's funeral. And, Josh and Donna finally got together (last week), which only took... seven years?!

(I just heard on CNN that some Dems in Ohio actually asked Martin Sheen to run for Congress for real... he turned them down. bummer. ) ;)

Comments

Just Me said…
Hmmm, maybe you should mix up the menagerie. A ducky here, a penguin there. I saw someone had made the cutest little dinosaur while I was trapped in a blog spiral yesterday.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4