Pink landmarks for BC Awareness


Laura Bush made the White House pink. Elizabeth Hurley was on hand (and popping out of her dress) to light up the Tower of London in pink.

Why, you ask?

Estee Lauder has sponsored the Global Landmarks Illumination Initiative since 2000. They've been able to illuminate ('pinkify' is my new word) an amazing array of world landmarks. The whole list for 2008 has yet to be released, but they have made a good start with the White House and the Tower, I'd say.

Images from past years (and the White House) in this slideshow ... we won't discuss what the photo from Jerusalem sorta resembles...

I'm arranging "Passionately Pink for the Cure" Day at my office on Friday... as long as some people would be dressing up for Halloween anyway, I'm going to put it to a good cause! I'm asking everyone to wear pink, and donate $5 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It worked last year - we raised over $200!

Are you doing your part to raise Breast Cancer Awareness? to support the search for the Cure? High risk people like me need all the help we can get!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4