30th Anniversary Stamps

Did I happen to mention that the USPS is going to issue Star Wars stamps later this year? They have a sheet of different options, including Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, C-3PO, and others.

You can go check out the options for the stamps (and vote for your favorite, for another few weeks) here. Apparently the Leia and R2-D2 stamp is getting a lot of votes. I think I'd like the Han Solo one more if it were a better likeness of Harrison Ford. ;)


In the meantime, they have created R2-D2 mailboxes and placed 400 them around the country. (I have yet to see one, but maybe they've posted a location list someplace...) So you knew this was going to happen. Classic!


What I really want is one of those mailboxes. How many of them do you think will get stolen? (yes, it's a Federal offense, but really... people are stupid, and we all know how nutty Star Wars fans are!)

Oh, and incidentally, postage rates are going up again this month! Better go out now and buy some 2-centers (Mom, this means you!) because it's gonna be 41-cents as of May 14th.

Comments

Anonymous said…
There's one right off the mall on 17th St. We'll drive by it when you get up here..

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4