Random updates

First, here's a picture of the beautiful shrimp on rosemary skewers that I made two weeks ago. (yes, my plates are red white and blue. You're surprised?) I bought more avocados and tomatillos to make that salsa again... Yum!

I forgot to note the best thing my mom did when we went to Billy Joel last week -- she smuggled in her Haagen Dazs! We had dinner at Clyde's Marketplace (the takeout place on the side). The great new restaurants down on 7th street were all jam-packed... it would have been a good idea for me to have made a dinner reservation. Oh well. Anyway, we went to HD for dessert, and when we came out, they were about to open the side doors to the Verizon Center. So mom tucked her little cup of (something chocolatey) ice cream into her huge tote-purse, and we went in. The security guard who checked purses giggled, but she let us in. Go mom! :)

The APIC show was a big success. I was exhausted. We had a photographer from the Washington Times (I never saw the article, though), and a lot of people who saw the ad in the Weekend section of the Post. We're already planning for next March, but we will definitely be charging more for tables (we barely broke even, and we haven't raised the rates in 7 years!) and maybe also for the entry fee. It's not the room rental, it's the taxes and fees that'll get ya.

Just for the fun of it, I've been checking on eBay for tickets to the Billy Joel concert on April 14th. I really would love to see him from the floor. I don't have to have front row, but somewhere closer than two miles away would be nice. hmm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4