Random TV guest stars

Ok, so in the list of oddball things to blog, this is probably the oddest so far. (Yes, I'm home on a Friday night...)

I'm watching Numb3rs on CBS. They're doing an experiment in a lab to learn about arson. The "scientist" (guest star) who is helping with the experiment is ... Bill Nye the Science Guy! I wonder how many other people know who he is. Bryan and I went to a presentation that he did in the IMAX theater at the Air & Space Museum a long time ago, and I also saw him on Capitol Hill at CNSF's "Hill Day" once.

So, no, this was not a brush with a famous person, but he did used to -- wait, he still does! -- have a fun show on PBS that tries to get kids interested in science (which we really need in this country!). See, he even has a website!
http://www.billnye.com/

ok, back to your regularly scheduled lives....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay, you've officially freaked us out. We were just sitting here, watching the same episode while endlessly clicking "next blog" and thinking, "Hey... isn't that... that Nye guy?"

[cue spooky music]
MelyssaF said…
Spooky, yes, but I feel better knowing that someone else recognized him! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4